Sunday, October 5, 2014

Dear First Baptist Jenks

It is with my most sincere gratitude and humble appreciation I announce my resignation as the executive pastor of First Baptist Jenks. I have greatly appreciated being on staff the past 10 years and have enjoyed being a part of God’s work here. It is difficult for us to leave this church, because you are our family and we love this place so dearly. Thank you for loving Christy & me, and our children Chloe, Coleman, and Clay.

God is calling us to move to FBC Rowlett, TX to take on a new challenge of being the Senior Pastor, a role I have felt God calling me to since I was 13 years old. While we are excited about this opportunity, we would like to ask you to keep us in your thoughts, prayers, and communication lines. Your support and encouragement will be appreciated.

At First Baptist Jenks we are all about Faith, Family, and Friendships. Although we are moving to a new location, my family will always be a part of this church family. It is difficult for us to leave because of all the great things this church has done and will do in the future. I look forward to hearing the stories of God moving in this church family from Pastor Rick, Jamie, Cody, & Dan. You are truly blessed to have such a wonderful staff.

Thoughts of being used by God at FBC Jenks will be a constant joy to our hearts. Moving from one worship service and Sunday school hour with a handful of people under 30 to what we have now is evidence of God’s hand. Growing from 310 to over 900 in attendance was incredible. Our great missions focus, Bible Fellowship, capital campaigns, and bible studies is incredible. We will not forget those who came to faith in Jesus and followed Him in baptism either!

As Christy & I prepare to move our family to a new town, please keep us in your prayers. We will be taking the reigns of a church that has been in decline over the past few years. We are excited and filled with a Kingdom agenda for the work of the Lord, but again ask you for your prayers . Hopefully, we can partner with this church in the years to come. My last day will be October 29. It is my hope to be able to visit with each of you in between that time and now, but if time does not afford us that opportunity, please know that I do appreciate you all who make this place such a wonderful church!

Grateful,

Cole Hedgecock & Family

No comments: