Friday, June 20, 2008

I Must Be Spoiled


Although I always thought it would be cool, I never realized how much I would love being a dad. It is awesome to hold Coleman or have Chloe run up and give me hug, wrap her arms around my leg, and want me to walk her around as she sits on my foot. I love how she wants me to play with her, hold her (she says hold you me), and read her a story then pray as I put her down at night.

She is an awesome mess too. She devours her food like a champ, going at her meals hand over fist to make sure nothing is left. She throws her toys all over looking for her baby’s bottle, and always takes her sweet little time cleaning up. She has a kind nature (on our way to VBS Wednesday we stopped at Sonic for breakfast. As the guy brought the food to our car she asked, “what’s that man doing?” I said, “Bringing us our food,” she replied, “that’s so nice!”), even though she is bossy and a little aggressive… she has me spoiled!

Coleman the Sports Fan is coming into his own as well. His personality is starting to develop and he is smiling on purpose. In the past few weeks he is acting happy when I hold him! He seems to love being outside as it is our failsafe when he cannot seem to calm down. People think I’m joking when I say this, but he is already doing push-ups, and rolled over at 4 weeks… total stud athlete!

Being a dad is the best. It is unbelievable that God has blessed me with a wonderful wife, son, and daughter. As the saying goes, I am sure the best is yet to come!

1 comment:

Cole and Christy said...

These are the best looking kids I have ever seen