Sunday, June 8, 2008

Wholly Holy

Last month our church did a series called Wholly Holy. My hope for this was to create an awareness in the hearts of our church to consecrate ourselves for the great work God is leading us to in the relocation project (we are about to vote on the plans, everything associated with that, and have a capital campaign). In order to give credit where credit is due, I would like to give props to Mike Fechner, my former boss from p-wood. We were talking about the spiritual development aspect of the campaign, and he said that if we missed out on God, we would limit the potential that He had in mind for us.

The focus for us was Joshua 3:5, “Consecrate yourselves for tomorrow I will do amazing things among you.” We have been able to focus on our personal, family, and corporate wholeness, seeking to be holy in every area of our lives. One of the truths God has been teaching me in this process is that I am either fully holy or not holy at all. There are not compartments of my life I can allow God to dominate and others where I can ignore Him. Either He is either Lord of all or not at all.

A prayer of consecration from John G. Lake:

Dear Heavenly Father, I come to you boldly in Jesus' name. Take me as I am. I now give myself - my heart, my mind, my body, my time, talents and treasure to you. Fill me and possess me. I renounce all sins, self and satan. Jesus, sanctify me. Cleanse me, purge me, purify me. Your will be done in my life, on earth as it is in heaven. Let me manifest a faithful spirit, a pure mind and a sickless body to your glory. Amen.

No comments: