Saturday, January 9, 2010

3 Steps to Knowing and Doing God’s Will


From Art Rogers

Before I get to the steps, let me hasten to say that they are not original to me, but I heard them in a recorded sermon almost 20 years ago. You might note, then, they were quite memorable. Sadly, I can’t remember the pastor who preached the sermon, so as much credit as I can give, I have given…

1. Surrender to obedience. You might note that the title of this post is NOT 3 easy steps to knowing and doing God’s will. There are not many things more difficult that to surrender to obedience for the human will, but to know and do God’s will, it is essential that you agree to do whatever it is God tells you to do.

We can not expect that God is going to gently guide us through life if we are consistently rebellious to His direction.

2. Seek diligently. Frequently. Constantly. Ask God to reveal what He wants you to do. God is not capricious and does not hide from those who seek Him. If you tune your heart to Him, He will reveal Himself to you.

3. Relax. If you surrender to do what God asks you to do no matter what it is and you consistently pursue the leadership – He will get you where He wants you to go.

It’s not complex. It’s just not easy.

No comments: