Friday, February 27, 2009

Breaking News: Chrysler & GM Make the Worst Vehicles!


Today an article on usatoday.com reported, “'Consumer Reports' puts Chrysler, GM in bottom spots.” No wonder they are about to go belly up. For years Chrysler and GM have made unreliable and cheap products. Hollywood caught on to this fact and made a movie about how poor the American auto-industry was (Gung Ho). The fact is Chrysler and GM have no one to blame but themselves. The bailout was a waste of our tax dollars, and it is my hope we do not go down that road again.

Growing up, my family always had a GM vehicle. On family trips part of the fun was waiting to see when, not it, the car was going to breakdown. Over the years we broke down in the middle of the Ozarks, nowhere New Mexico, and on rare occasion’s metropolitan locations. Not only was this true of my parent’s vehicles, this was also true of everyone in our network who had an American made vehicle.

From the age that I was aware of different vehicles makes, I made a vow to never buy American because every American made vehicle we had was a pile of junk. Over my driving life, I have owned a Honda Civic, Acura Integra, Honda Accord and a Honda Pilot… all of which have been reliable and never stranded me in the middle of nowhere unlike every GM my parents owned. For me, it is not un-American to buy foreign, it pro-intelligence.

As a total side note, we should also beware of any product that sounds like a bad word when pronounced loud and quick. If you are unaware of what I am referring to, just say “Chrysler” loud or under your breath and see if people look at funny. And for the record: If an American car can surpass the quality of Honda or Toyota, I will gladly purchase one of those vehicles… but I won’t be holding my breath on that one.

No comments: