Sunday, August 9, 2009

8 Ways to Show Hurting People You Care


1. Listen, Listen, Listen
Listen not only to the words, but the feelings behind the words.

2. Be Cautious About Giving Advice
Wait for them to ask, “What do you think I should do?”

3. Refrain From Judging or Condemning
People who have problems don’t need you to add to it!

4. Avoid Saying, “I Know How You Feel.”
Share how you hurt with them, see their pain… acknowledge their situation.

5. Be Alert to Warning Signals
Pay attention to frowns, sadness, etc.

6. Realize the Power of Your Presence
Physical presence often speaks louder than any words could!

7. Never Divulge Confidences
Keep your John Brown mouth shut when others share with you.

8. Let God Guide You
“Make Your ways known to me, Lord; teach me Your paths. Guide me in Your truth and teach me.” (Ps 25:4-5)

No comments: