Sunday, May 2, 2010

Book Review: The Gospel According to Lost


The whole time I read this book (The Gospel According to Lost by Chris Seay) I kept thinking, "this dude watches way too much TV, I hope I never watch this much TV." I blame my accountability partner for picking this book and will not allow him to do so again for quite some time. The whole book is a reach for me personally.

That being said, my guess is that Pastor Chris Seay is quite good at using modern interest to influence people for the cause of Christ... I am just not sure this book was as successful as I have heard he is as a pastor. It was not all bad though, chapter 16 was good (albeit 1 of 17 chapters).

The 2 best quotes of the book were on page 168, "God deserves better than what we have to offer, but he chooses us. And he gladly accepts us. Through the sacrifice of Jesus, God holds us," and on page 174, "Nothing can stand between us and the love of the living God: not our fear or reluctance, not the disapproval of others, nothing. And even then, for as long as it takes for us to accept it, his love will bear all things, believe all things, hope all things, and endure all things. Love never fails."

No comments: