Friday, August 29, 2008

McCain's VP...


Speculation has been rising on the day that McCain is to announce his choice for Vice President. Allegedly, he is not going to chose Romney, Ridge, Lieberman or Pawlenty. Out of nowhere comes Sarah Palin, and I think I love it!
Here is what she looks like and some facts about her:

1) A energetic, young, fresh face who will energize the electorate
2) Not connected to the current administration
3) Pro-Life
4) Pro-Gun
5) A woman or minority to counter Hillary or Obama and put to rest the idea that America only elects white males
6) Opposes same-sex marriage
7) Not a senator: She is the Governor of Alaska

From what I've read, she certainly is an "energetic, young, fresh face who [would] energize the electorate." One blogger stated, “I think she could even give Obama's charisma a run for it's money.”

She also has a reputation for shaking up the political status quo, knocking off incumbents and chasing down corruption (even when it was Republicans committing the corrupt acts.) That fits in really well with '08 being billed as "change election" and Americans being tired of the "political establishment."

She also passes the "extremely like-able" test with an 84% approval rating. And, I can't see anyone being able to effectively run attack ads against her. She would just come off as being too sympathetic. Not because they'd be attacking a woman; more like if someone were to run attack ads against Ned Flanders.

I think Palin would be a wise choice for Republican '08 Vice President, and I am hopeful that the reports are true and that she will infact get the nod over Romney, Ridge, or Lieberman!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Man, I'm so pumped! I'd been crossing my fingers for the last week that he'd call Palin's number. Thank you McCain for not being boring and predictable!! A solid conservative hockey mom!! So great!

Cole Hedgecock said...

It is official, Sarah Palin gets teh nod for VP... and like Robin says, I's so pumped! Here are a couple of links: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25970882/from/ET/ or http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/29/mccain-to-name-running-mate-on-friday/