Friday, September 4, 2009

Road Trip with Jerry Adams


A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to take a road trip with Jerry Adams. Unfortunately, the economy created a situation in which he had to take a new position in Raleigh, North Carolina. We drove for 2 days and had a really good time, despite his lack of personality and common decency… just kidding, I truly love and appreciate my friend.


He often spoke of how I challenged him, but it was he who challenged me. His devotion and example are remarkable. He and his wife Demie modeled grace, kindness and compassion in situations where pain permeated and created sorrow beyond belief. His passion for Jesus and God’s Word were a model for our church family to imitate… but more than all that, he was a great friend to me.


One of the highlights of the trip was getting to meet his father Grizz and brother Bill. It was obvious during dinner upon arriving that Jerry & Demie had made the right decision to move. The whole family enjoyed one another and resembled the type of bond I hope my family will posses as well. That being said, Jerry is still a jerk, especially for moving away!

No comments: