Sunday, July 27, 2008

Turning 3-0ld!

30 is no big deal… yet! People keep asking me how I feel about turning 30, and I think it is no big deal. What bothers me is how my body feels after playing softball, yes softball. Now, I am sore for days, my feet and back hurt the next, and it only seems to get worse. Hopefully, there will be a resurgence of youth in my bones where instead of continued loss of quickness, I get faster. Instead of added bulk (ahem), I can loose weight. And instead of soreness, I can enjoy waking up as though not sporting activity took place the day or two or three prior.

With that out of the way, it is time for me to give big props to my lovely bride Christy! For my big day, she organized and threw me a surprise pool party. Many people wanted to know if I knew, but honestly I did not. In fact, I had to pull back from feeling sorry for myself as the weekend went on, because I thought that she might actually not do anything for me. However, we went over to our best friend’s house to swim, and lo and behold, a surprise party! It was awesome. So many of my friends showed up to celebrate, including my parents, her parents, & her brother, sister-in-law, and their boys. Thank you so much for everyone who showed up, I am so grateful to be surrounded by such an awesome group of people… and thank you Christy, I love and appreciate you very much!

No comments: