Saturday, May 9, 2009

Shoulder Surgery: Day 4


Saturday: Slept horribly last night, and I am pretty sure the meds make me hallucinate. Once I got up from my bed (ahem, recliner), I realized I had another migraine. However, since I wasn’t on morphine I was able to take my headache pills and it went away rather quickly.

Christy’s parents stayed until lunch was over, and then they headed home. Within the hour my parents (Grammy & Granddad) showed up to help out for a few days. With Christy having to do almost everything on her own, having them visit for rounds 2 of full-time help was awesome.

Another incredible, huge, awesome, fantastic, outstanding blessing came from some great guys in our class. Marty setup yard maintenance for the next 6 weeks, and he and Josh showed up today for the first treatment. It is hard to describe how huge this blessing is, because I cannot physically mow, and it would be next to impossible for Christy to do it since due to my limitations having one arm. This was just a huge blessing!

Saturday night we began to discuss weaning me off my pain pills. My hesitation comes from knowing the pain level has been minimal. Although the side-effects have been strong (itchiness, dizziness, tiredness), my thought is avoiding colossal pain is worth it!

No comments: