Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Shoulder Surgery: Day 7


Tuesday: In short I overdid it today. Where I should have eased back into work, I basically put in a full days work and paid for it when I got home. Where I should have taken pain (management) pills during the day, I skipped them and had my highest level of pain since the surgery. Where I should have been mindful of how my body was worn out, I kept going and became tired and somewhat irritable.

Christy, Rick, and the ministry assistants at the church all told me to take it easy, which I appreciate. My doctor’s office told me to feel free to take the full amount of pills for two weeks, which I am thankful for. Where I got home at 4:45 and immediately fell asleep and did not wakeup until my kids were asleep, I decided to make sure to have enough energy at the end of the day to play with them, help as much as I can around the house, and at least read and sing to Chloe at bedtime.

Take it easy is the theme of the day!

No comments: