Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Top 10 Bible Stories for Adults


Recently, I met with a guy from church who wanted to learn more about the Bible and grow in His walk with God. Having not grown up in church, he does not know many of the stories in the Bible that most of us who grew up in the church have tucked away in the back of our mind. He asked me to point him towards some stories in the Bible and it made me wonder which stories would make up the top 10.

What I would like is to share my top 10 and ask you for your comments on which ones I left out and/or honorable mentions. Please respond as this list will be a great reference for new Christ-followers in the future. Here is my list:

1. The birth of Jesus
2. Jesus’ betrayal, death, burial, & resurrection
3. Creation
4. Adam & Eve
5. Exodus (10 Commandments included)
6. Noah’s Ark and the Flood
7. David & Goliath
8. Feeding of the 5,000
9. Joseph’s Story
10. Daniel and the Lion’s Den

Honorable Mentions: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego; Saul’s Conversion; Zaccheus and the Tree; Abraham & Isaac; Jonah & the Whale; Lazarus Raised from the Dead

Please let me know your top 10 too!

No comments: